We dig kids!
We believe that a rich and meaningful educational experience is the heart’s desire of every parent. One that delivers 360 degrees…spirit, soul and body.
We began in 1983 as a single preschool room, and today we call our 20-acre educational complex at 3900 East Bonanza … home. While other schools have moved away or closed, we stayed, being the only inner city private Christian school left. We know education is a game changer, so we have distributed $1 million in scholarships over the past five years. We are driven by our mission to graduate Christian leaders. We believe families, organizations, communities and nations rise and fall on leadership. Therefore, we are developing powerful and gracious leaders trained in problem solving applications, teamwork, communication skills, and strategic planning. Trained to think and prepared to lead.
MVCS Leadership institute is a fully integrated leadership philosophy, where young people from preschool through high school, are trained up in problem solving applications, teamwork, communication skills through a fully integrated leadership development program.
MVCS features a Leadership Institute, college-preparatory curriculum and extensive electives program. We also offer a comprehensive athletics program that features a gymnasium with weight room, and 8-acre athletic complex with baseball, football, and softball fields. MVCS is sponsored by The Champion Center of Las Vegas
MVCS-Leadership Institute is located at 3900 East Bonanza Road Las Vegas, Nevada 89110
Office: 702 452 1300
Fax : 702 452 0499
School Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
Summer Hours: 9 am – 4 pm Monday – Friday
Mountain View Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
The mission of Mountain View Christian Schools is to graduate Christian leaders who by their commitment to academic excellence and spiritual vitality will transform the world for Jesus Christ.
Mountain View Christian Schools Leadership Institute Provides the Environment that Promotes A Lifelong Learning Experience with Solid Christian Values. MVCS- Leadership Institute is a Preschool through 12th grade private school located on 20 acres in the North East area of Las Vegas that has been serving the Las Vegas community since 1983.It is a fully integrated leadership philosophy, where young people from preschool through high school, are trained up in problem solving applications, teamwork, communication skills through a fully integrated leadership development program.
We Value God’s Word as the foundation for all decision-making.
We Value a lifetime of Growth and discipleship.
Creativity in an ever-changing world.
The servant Leadership style of Jesus.
Courage in the face of fear.
Humor and having fun every day!
And…Chasing Excellence until we catch it!
MVCS is sponsored by The Champion Center of Las Vegas
MVCS – Leadership Institute (Mountain View Christian Schools) has been serving the Las Vegas community since 1983 providing superior education for students in preschool through 12th grade. MVCS – Leadership Institute began on a small church property located on North Lamb Boulevard with only a pre-school class. The church and school began growing and in 1989 it moved to its current location at 3900 E Bonanza Road. Located on 20 acres, the school and church facility included a 600 seat sanctuary along with an education wing that housed the preschool and elementary school students of MVCS. In the spring of 1996, a multi-purpose room was added to serve both our growing youth ministries and a new high school.
In the winter of 1997, a new middle school and high school education wing was dedicated. This facility offered students 14 classrooms including a state of the art computer lab, science lab, and media center and band room. Also In 1997, the Family Life Center was built and provided a new gymnasium for the athletic programs of MVCS – Leadership Institute. Later on the gymnasium added a commercial kitchen where today MVCS students participate in a Culinary Program.
Since then, the school has seen the completion of an Athletic complex on the northern 8 acres of the property. The complex is complete with baseball, football, and softball fields.
According to Senior Pastor Tom Van Kempen, “we are excited to see how God will provide the expansion of our church and school through the next few years. In the near future, there will be a new gymnasium covering 20,000 square feet that will include a commercial kitchen, three full size volley ball/basketball courts, a performance stage, a band room, a dance studio/aerobics room, a weight room, offices, classrooms and locker rooms.”
Realizing the vision to become the premier private Christian school in the nation, MVCS will add over 50 new classrooms spanning over three new buildings. There will be 25 new Elementary classrooms built around the existing sanctuary, which will include an elementary computer lab and music room. Two side by side structures are planned that will also replace modular classrooms and add 23 new Middle and High School classrooms. In addition, the middle school wing will feature a common area for computer learning. The two-story high-school facility will have a computer lab, multiple science labs, and an art studio all overlooking a teen meeting area. The entire campus will be enhanced with beautifully landscaped grounds that will include an outdoor courtyard and amphitheater.
MVCS – Leadership Institute strives to achieve its mission of academic excellence and spiritual vitality through accreditation.
“Accreditation is a voluntary method of quality assurance developed more than 100 years ago by American universities and secondary schools, and designed primarily to distinguish schools adhering to a set of educational standards. The accreditation process is also known in terms of its ability to effectively drive student performance and continuous improvement in education.
While accreditation is a set of rigorous protocols and research-based processes for evaluating an institution’s organizational effectiveness, it is far more than that. Today accreditation examines the whole institution—the programs, the cultural context, the community of stakeholders—to determine how well the parts work together to meet the needs of students.
Accreditation is inextricably linked to institution and educational system improvement. The accreditation process asks institutions and systems to critically evaluate their vision, strategies, priorities, leadership, and programs and resources. The process of earning and maintaining accreditation provides institutions and educational systems with clear and compelling direction for implementing changes to move toward excellence.”(http://www.advanc-ed.org/what-accreditation)
MVCS currently holds accreditation with not one, but three different outside organizations. Please feel free to visit the links of each organization to become acquainted with the standards required for accreditation.
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) -www.acsi.org
ACSI Core Beliefs “That in all things He might have the preeminence”. Colossians 1:18
- Biblical Philosophy A thoroughly biblical philosophy of education should be implemented in Christian schools in all cultural contexts.
- Critical Thinking Students should learn how to process information and think critically in the context of a biblical worldview.
- Parental Education Responsibility Parents have the primary responsibility for the education of their children; the school serves the Christian home.
- Bible As A Core Subject The teaching of Bible as a core subject is essential to the academic curriculum.
- Academic Excellence Schools should be committed to academic excellence, maximizing each student’s potential.
- Professional Development Professional resources and training are vital for the development and growth of Christian educators and schools.
- Great Commission Students and educators in Christian schools worldwide should be involved in the Great Commission by evangelizing and discipling.
- Biblical Integration The biblical integration of every planned learning experience is crucial to effective Christian schooling.
- Educational Choice The opportunity for Christian schooling should be accessible to families as a means of intellectual and spiritual development and formation for a life of service to God and society.
- School Improvement Christian schools should be involved in a plan of consistent evaluation and assessment for continuous improvement.
- Nondiscrimination The teaching/learning process in Christian schools should reflect a Christlike sensitivity, relevant to a diverse school community.
- Networking The ministry of Christian schooling can best be accomplished through cooperation with other appropriate individuals, agencies, and organizations in providing programs, materials, and services.
Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS) – www.actsschools.org,
Core Values of ACTS:
- A Biblical Worldview – modeling, teaching, and leading with actions and decisions that are consistent with God’s Word.
- Integrity – demonstrating exemplary practices reflective of Christian ethics; with accountability to Christ, our schools, and the educational community.
- Excellence – providing exceptional services for the certification and development of Christian administrators and teachers, and pathways to the highest levels of accreditation for Christian schools.
- Spirit Empowerment – affirming the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers and the immediacy of His enablement for service.
- Relationship – developing and sustaining a partnership with Christian Schools to enhance their ministry through personal connection.
- Creativity – being proactive in the pursuit and development of innovative solutions to benefit the growth and development of our organization and its member schools.
- Service – Purposing to approach current and prospective members in an “open-handed” manner; offering resources, support, consulting, advice, mentoring, aid to smaller schools
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (NAAS) – www.northwestaccreditation.org
The mission of the Northwest Accreditation Commission is to advance excellence in education through the process of accreditation.” Accreditation promotes continual school improvement leading to greater student achievement.
The Northwest Accreditation Commission accredits distance education, elementary, foreign nation, high, K 12, middle level, post secondary nondegree granting, residential, special purpose, supplementary education, and travel education schools.
The Northwest Accreditation Commission is one of the nation’s six acknowledged accreditation agencies. The geographic territory of the Association consists of the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington, and other geographical areas designated from time to time by the Board of Trustees.
Nevada Department of EducationMV CS is recognized by the Nevada Department of Education. The Nevada Department of Education supports our choice of accreditation, curriculum and selection of teachers. The Nevada Department of Education communicates this support through NRS394.211, which states that our school is exempt from the provisions of the Private Elementary and Secondary Authorization Act. For additional information from the Nevada Department of Education, you can visit them at www.nde.state.nv.us or call (775) 687-9200