Mountain View Christian Schools (MVCS) Leadership Institute is proud to provide the Las Vegas community a full day Preschool Program.
Our Private Preschool Program Features:
- Full Day Program
- Extended Care before and after school
- Structured Christian Academic Curriculum
- Classroom Visits and Special Events
- Snacks provide twice a day
- Weekly Chapel
- Community Service Projects
- and so much more!
Fee Schedule for 2013-14: Preschool Fees
- Uniforms are required for all children enrolled at Mountain View Christian Schools Leadership Institute. Please see the Dennis Uniform information in the packet given to you upon enrollment of your child. You can also refer to the school guidelines in your school handbook.
- Rest time needs: nap time is an important part of a childs day while in preschool. Nap pads are provided by our preschool program. Parents will need to provide a crib sheet, blanket, pillow, and backpack.
- Parent involvement is encouraged and appreciated at Mountain View Christian Schools Preschool Program. Parents will have opportunities to visit and be involved through activities like chapel, parties, special events, field trips and annual school-wide events. Brief classroom visits for the purpose of observation may also be scheduled through your childs teacher but must b e limited to one hour. If you would like to become a regular volunteer please see our Preschool director for information.
- Snacks / Lunch: Snack is provided twice a day for preschool children at 9:00 am and 2:30 pm. Children have the option of purchasing hot lunch from the cafeteria or they can bring ready to eat foods in a sack lunch. Perishable items should be labeled and placed in the class basket for refrigeration.
- School hours/ day care: Mountain View Christian Schools Leadership Institute Preschool Program is open from 6:00am-6:00 pm daily. The school day for preschool begins at 8:30 am -3:15 pm. Your preschool tuition includes extended care before and after school hours. Learning center activity and outside play will be offered during extended care.
- Drop off/Pick up procedure:Before school-Drop off in room 102 until 7:30 at which time the children go to the playground on good weather days—always sign in on the clipboard and turn your child directly over to a teacher. 8:00am –3:15 pm (school day)- If you arrive during the school day to pick up your child or to drop something off, please check in through the school office.After school-Those picking up children from Extended care need to stop by the security desk at school office entrance for a pick up ticket. Please bring identification with you.
- Security precautions: At Mountain View Christian Schools Leadership Institute Preschool program we do everything in our power to ensure each and every childs safety. To assist us with this, please enter through the west wing doors near the school office for pickup. Have your id with you for pickup.
- Discipline procedure: We use time out and/or redirection. In severe incidents the child will be sent to the principal’s and the parent will be notified by phone or through an incident report.
- Class placement: Children will be placed with classroom teachers by their birthdays as of Sept 30th of the current school year
- Tuition is $150.00 a week during the school year. You are allowed two weeks vacation time during the school year in which tuition may be waived. Vacation Slips are available in the preschool office.
- Summer camp: During the summer months we offer Summer Day Camp for Preschool through 8th grade. The rate is the same as during the school year, but is on a week-to-week basis.
- Special needs: Please speak with the director of any special needs your child may have. Fill out a medication release with the teacher or school office for any medication that needs to be distributed throughout the day. The school medical assistant will administer meds; school personnel may give only prescription medications.
- Curriculum: Mountain View Christian Schools Leadership Institute Preschool Program uses Bob Jones curriculum and learning centers. Progress reports are sent home quarterly.
- Required documents for enrollment in preschool: Before your child can attend preschool we will need a copy of birth certificate, physical form, shot record, and school application packet.
On behalf of all the teachers and staff at Mountain View Christian Schools Leadership Institute Preschool program, we thank you for the privilege of teaching your children. We are here to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach Mary Holcombe, Preschool Principal, at (702) 452-1300 ext 228 or on her cell phone directly at (702)279-9388.
2011/ 2012 Preschool Staff
Ms. Rose Brim-Cornejo
Preschool & Elementary School
All Preschool staff members have FBI Background checks, Metro Sheriffs cards, and health cards. They are also CPR and first aide qualified